Friday, September 26

To sleep or not to sleep...

A few quick updates, Greta had another doc appt this a.m. and her bilirubin levels rose slightly but not enough for any more overnight trips to the hospital - yay!! So we officially have a happy healthy baby.

For all of you asking for MORE baby pictures, here it is... Let us know what you think...
The very cool M&M's pic was made possible by Derek's brother and sister-in-law, Chris and Beth who sent us a whole box of them. It really was a welcome (not to mention tasty) gift for us hungry new parents never knowing what our next meal will be and I can't thank them enough for supporting the confectionery industry.
It's been a rough week for all of us and we are finally looking forward to a little down time this weekend especially since Daddy Derek has to travel to Cali at the beginning of next for five days. Luckily, Gramma Skaggs is coming for a visit during part of that time and I am really looking forward to her meeting her newest grand baby!
I can honestly say that Derek and myself are truly sleep deprived. I have not had more than a couple hours sleep since last Friday - a week ago - and my 24 hour labor experience that kicked things off didn't help. But we are dealing with it and getting ready to begin the "Babywise" philosophy for training infant sleep patterns. We'll keep you updated..

The answer to the readers poll on how much weight I gained was 32 lbs. the vast majority guessed 30 lbs. - thank you people. Take a look at the new poll on what you think Greta's nickname might become. If you don't see a winner - leave a post on your favorite name.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I vote for.........Greta! It's so pretty it doesn't need a nickname! But, whatever you call her, I'd put MonkeyFace on the bottom of the list considering she's gorgeous.