That's the official name that is on her birth certificate. We were not planning on going with two middle names but I guess the birth process does weird things to people. A few hours after her birth, Derek suggested that name to me and I was like "right on!"We LOVE our Greta. She is truly beautiful, has the face of an angel and already shows signs of a spunky but loving personality. Our time getting to discover her outside the womb always brings about another epiphany on how she looks or acts like one of us. How cool! We really want to thank everyone for their unending support and kind wishes -we are so lucky to have all of you.
Going through labor and giving birth with Derek's support was THE most ineffable, overwhelming experience I have ever had. We are both so happy that we had the chance to have a normal vaginal birth versus a c-section (if pushing a 6 lb. + baby out of your tummy is something you can be "happy" about...:)
We've had many trials and tribulations since we have gotten out of the hospital - just two short days ago. The main one being that right now Baby G and myself are back IN the hospital in the pediatric center. She has been diagnosed with high bilirubin levels (jaundice) earlier today and they needed to readmit her pronto so she could undergo light treatment therapy. We should only be here one night but I will have more details on that in the a.m.
Stay tuned for another post coming later tonight or tomorrow with plenty of new pictures and some of our first misadventures...


5 comments:
I love the addition of Skye - a wonderful surprise to the name game I know you've been pondering as much as who she'd look like most. Tears of joy -- truly -- as I sit here and read this tonight. Thinking of you all and eager to meet Greta Skye Blanche Skaggs when you all are home once again. Aunt-T
I like the name a lot. Greta is so unique and classy. I'm sure she'll be past her jaundice in no time and back home getting used to her new digs.
Congrats again! Glad you're lovin' motherhood!
I LOVE the name. It is very classy and from the few photos I've seen, it seems to have fit her from the first moment. I was beginning to worry about you guys since it's been awhile. You look so content in this photo. You're gonna be the best mom. I hope you're both safe and sound and out of the hosptial soon. All are in my prayers. Hugs and kisses to you and Greta.
Love,
Amy
Great name! Also a great photo.
Congratulations to all three of you!
My brothers kids both had jaundice and he had to administer light treatments at home for a while. I think it was a UV light or black light or something and everyone had to wear eye protection. For some reason the light didn't come with a Led Zeppelin poster or a bong. What's up with that?
Anyway, all the best.
She is truly beautiful and I love the name. You guys look great and I'm sure you'll all be home very soon.
Congratulations new momma!!! So happy for you guys!
Post a Comment