We received fabulous news today at our third ultrasound appointment in just over two weeks...The ultrasound was given by a well-known neo-natal specialist and he reported that we have a healthy, thriving and PLUMP bun in the oven. In fact, the doctor estimates that she's over 6 lbs already.
That is much different news than we had been receiving from the previous two ultrasounds done at my doctor's office. The specialist said that the tech in my doctor's office had been reading all of the her dimensions wrong this entire time. What a scare for us but now we are completely relieved!!
Tomorrow my OB doctor will review the results with me and we will talk due dates since she is still breech. I'll keep everyone posted.

5 comments:
Jenn,
I am THRILLED with your wonderful news today. I could tell from the moment that you walked into the room/office after your ultra-sound that things went well! Congratulations! (Now you can slow down on your 'nesting'...and sleep a little bit! :))
Karen
After Eli was born, I decided (with no real authority to back it, mind you) that all those ultrasound measurements were just bull. They said Eli would be 8 lbs. and he was 9 lbs. 7 oz.! Maybe a more accurate measurement would have meant a scheduled c-section instead of an emergency one after too long of an unproductive labor. Grrrrrr.....those freakin' techs!
Great news that the baby is a good size though and healthy. Can't wait to see her pretty face.
Jenn,
That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you. I can't wait to meet her!
I don't know why you were so surprised she was gonna be small. Just look at you. You are so tiny, so beautiful. I can't wait to see her outside the womb, lol. You are amazing and always have been. It thrills my heart you found someone so worthy of you and all you are. I love the new place. I need to know the new address. I want to send Baybe a "welcome home" gift. God certainly is smiling down on you and your life. And I'm smiling from here in PA.
Love ya.
jenn/derek, i'm so excited for you two!! can't wait to see my third adorable granddaughter. i know she will be so adorable - look at her parents.
and, i'm thrilled that you now have space. it looks great.
all my love, judy
Post a Comment