Mehndi, or henna, used during pregnancy is an ancient practice used to soothe and calm soon-to-be Moms. It is believed to also help bring about an easy birth and healthy child. Natural henna is safe and poses no danger to a normal pregnancy. So, of course I had to give it a try with a local expert.Many countries including Morocco and India have traditions of applying henna during the third trimester of pregnancy because it is believed to protect and bless the mother and child from any evil or malicious spirits that may be near during delivery.
I would recommend this liberating art expression to any one expecting as it gives you a chance to enjoy the pregnant moment and forget about all of the aches, pains, worries, medical tests and morning sickeness you endured to get to this point. This is your opportunity to be proud of your life-sustaining belly and gives you pause to think about your new role as a Mom. View my mehndi belly pictures here.
I'm not the only one who has tried out this ancient practice, here's a link to some other arted bellies.

No comments:
Post a Comment