That possibility is much more powerful than a little guilt :)
Over the July 4th weekend, I took a few hours out to meet up with a dear out-of-town friend of mine who moved to Austin two years ago. Irene is the kind of friend that you do not necessarily have to talk to on a daily or weekly basis but when you do talk - it's just like old times.
We met up at one of our old watering holes in SW DC, Cantina Marina. In the past, we have spent many nights hitting after-work happy hours or movies, friend's parties or heading out of town for the weekend to create new adventures. It's been a lonely two years on the girlfriend front without her around...
This fall or winter, we are planning a weekend adventure.. the only question is where do we go?!?! Key West, Mexico or I do I just head down to Austin to keep it weird? Where have you gone for a weekend getaway? We need some input!

No comments:
Post a Comment