Poor Baybe G has been having some terrible spit ups in the past five days. To the point that we don't need a burp cloth but a towel to clean her. It happens anywhere from right after feeding to two hours after. If she is sleeping, she'll wake up crying and then spit up. It happens after every feeding now and she is clearly not happy when it happens - neither are we.What have we done to try to prevent this:
She is on the slowest nipple flow, I usually burp or have her in an upright position at least 15 minutes before putting her down so she has time to digest. I burp her after every ounce to give her time during the feeding to process.
Is this normal baby stuff? Your feedback is welcome - in the meantime, I am going to call the pediatrician and see what they have to say...
In other news, Gizmo has really taken to little G and sometimes likes to cuddle with us sharing her sweet prrrrrrr during the feedings.

3 comments:
Luckily I have never had that issue...sorry I can't offer any advice except call the doc. Good Luck!
It really sounds like she has acid reflux. I'd call the pediatrician right away. Eli was put on Prevacid when he was 2 months old and stayed on it until we began weaning him off it at 11 months. It doesn't help the spitting, but it sure helps the crying.
Did you call the doc? What did she/he have to say?
Post a Comment