Friday, October 10

Hello Kitty!!

Check out the cool burp cloth and bib Greta's Aunt Sarah and Uncle Jim got her. I love it though Derek has reserved his opinion of yet another PINK gift :D

Doc update: As usual Greta does things her own way and always seems to come out on top. In five days, she gained a whopping 7 oz to bring her weight up to 6 lbs. 8 oz. so now all is good and we do not have to visit the Doc again for a couple weeks - yay!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their breast milk/pump advice. Turns out that the Doc told me that 10 hours of milk sitting out is not ideal (tho it won't hurt the baby) but could cause contamination from using the same bottle over more than one feeding so I plan to refrigerate whatever she does not drink at a feeding and give her more breast feedings during the day vs. bottle.

Today Greta has her first "playdate". Well, ok... it's more of a Mommy lunch date with a neighbor a few homes down who has a two month old. I met her when I was out walking last week and I am thrilled to have another new Mom on the block. The plan is for us to walk the little ones into Shirlington for lunch. I'll let you know how it goes...

2 comments:

Susan Fussell said...

Those are the cutest little personalized hello kitty items ever! She gets prettier every day. We're gone this weekend, but I was hoping to see you again before you head out of town. Monday maybe?

Anonymous said...

You have to admit Derek, she looks good in pink. But I bet you do too!! :)