While Greta is celebrating her 3 week old birthday, I am celebrating my 38th year of life today. Yay! By "celebrate", I mean doing laundry, washing out baby bottles, paying bills and helping Derek organize a ton of Nikon cameras that he used last week for a shoot.It is not glamorous but I am totally fine with it. A year ago I could never have imagined my life in this way but somehow it's all good.
Last night, our dear friend Taneen volunteered to watch Baybe Greta so Derek could take me out to dinner in DC for the Big 3-8. We were gone less than two hours but that's all I needed to feel like a real adult again while at the same time start to wonder and miss whatever little G was doing back at home.
It's a bit crazy in the Jennerek household at moment with Derek's long hours and travel schedule for work and me trying to adapt to life as Mommy while not losing site of who I was pre-Greta. It's a difficult balance and me, being a libra, have always strived for "balance" in life so you can imagine the daily challenges on keeping it level.

2 comments:
Happy Birthday again. It was great to see you and Derek and, of course, Baby G yesterday.
Jenn, if anyone can find balance, it's you. You are so blessed. I know it's hard right now, but look at that baby girl in your lap. She is truly precious and gorgeous and all things wonderful.
Post a Comment