Last night a transformer in our 'hood went postal and knocked the electricity out on the entire block. It was about 9pm and we had just finished dinner. My first thought... let's get a hotel room since most likely power would be out all nite and I would need electricity to pump and to keep her bottles chilled plus it was getting down to 40 degrees that night. But Derek thought we should just "rough it out" and stay home so I conceded with the caveat that since we were all going to sleep downstairs in one bed with candles and no power - this should count as a "camping" excursion (you can tell I am a real outdoorsy kinda girl).It was a sleepless night filled with many layers of covers, irradic feedings, and stumbled trips in the dark to the bathroom but we somehow managed til morning when the power returned and the pic of snoozing baby and daddy made it all worthwhile.

3 comments:
all I can say is .... 'priceless!!!'
here's to 'lights out'!!!
Jenn, OMG, this picture is awesome. It's a classic. Hold on to it. Love it. Hugs
That's great!
Post a Comment