Wednesday, December 17

The Office

My first day back in the office was yesterday and it went very well. I am blessed to have a super set of supportive office mates (nothing like Michael Scott's set-up) and a job I really do enjoy.
Here's how the day went: I took a shower the nite before and woke at 6:30 am, prepared for work and then roused Greta at 7 a.m. Right after her feeding, she fell back to sleep and later that morning Derek took her to Ana's.
I picked her up on my way home. She was an angel and Derek had cleaned the entire house for me - I was so tickled by his thoughtfulness. However, I was exhausted and bit frazzled by 6pm.

This morning didn't go so well. My alarm did not go off, so Derek did her morning feeding while I got dressed leaving me with no baby time before work. It left an empty pit in stomach as I left home to come to work. Driving in, my mind was cycling on how other parents do it:

Baby time

Productive work days

Home cooked dinner

Time for self (gym or yoga)

Time for each other

Social time with others

I don't see it all fitting in right now but I know (and I have been prompted) that it will come.. eventually. Any tips that seasoned veterans want to pass my way will be respectfully accepted. In the meantime, I'm working on patience building.

2 comments:

AmyVictoria said...

Jenn, you are doin' great!!! You need time to establish a routine. You'll get there. You can't accomplish that in two days. Silly girl. You have a very supportive life partner in Derek, and Greta features the best of both of you, so not to worry. She's been socialized very well, so Ana's presence doesn't seem to stress her out. She will pick up on your stress so try and keep it on the level. You need to do that for yourself anyway. Don't try to do too much all at once. You're just gettin' back into the swing of things. It will come. One thing I would say (of course not these first few days but. . .) don't overindulge Greta because of guilt feelings you have about going back to work. In the end it's bad for her and it will backfire on you. Hang in, you're doin' great!!! Hugs, Amy

Kelly Faist said...

Jenn,

It's week one--you will develop a new routine soon--I promise.

You are doing great.

Have a wonderful holiday with Greta as she celebrates her 1st Christmas.

Love,

Kelly