Thursday, December 11

Making lemonade out of lemons..

Next week I start back to work. It triggers bittersweet feelings for me. If you asked me a month ago, I would have be thrilled to start back to work and get some adult time again.
But now, I get very melancholy when I think about leaving her with someone else all day long. We have a terrific routine with our daily fun activities like tummy time, music hour, baby talk and of course NAP time. Every morning we chat for at least a half hour while I change her diaper, wash her face and get her dressed for the day. I can't wait to see every morning to "catch up". She keeps me in an eternal good mood...

On the flip side, my brain is completely ready to go back and dig into my job at NCA. The next few months will be very busy preparing for the All Candy Expo in May and this three month maternity leave along with keeping my mind connected with the blog has really revived my creative senses. So although the first few weeks of leaving Greta at Ana's will be likened to sucking on sour lemons, in the long run it is best for both of us. How have others dealt with the return to work?

Btw, THAT is a REAL LEMON that one of Derek's friend's gave him. Scary.

2 comments:

AmyVictoria said...

It isn't easy!!! You may love your job, but you love her more. It's a bad feeling when someone outside your immediate family tells you she said her first words or took her first steps, etc. I got tired of hearing about it through other peope and eventually, decided they were more important and that they needed me at home more than I needed to be away from home. You can still be active with things so that you are not always baking chocolate chips and watching Oprah, lol. Studies show how children do much better when there is at least one stay-at-home parent. However, there are lots of career people who do both. I just don't happen to be one of them. I don't envy you having to leave your precious baby girl, but I know you will make the best of it. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Well, since I had PPD, going back to work was a piece of cake for me. ;-) It also helped that Brian's mom was his caregiver after we went back to work.

I feel for you though and I am thrilled that you are so crazy about your sweet baby that this transition will be a tough one, as it should be.