Wednesday, November 11

New kickers!

Look at her go...



Chalk this up to one more thing new parents stumble onto by mistake... walking shoes!

Greta started walking consistently a week or two ago and since then I have been on the lookout for better shoes.

She can't very well wear her soft-soled Robeez knock-offs to the wood chip park... When I started asking around at work... the same two words kept coming up. Stride Rite. Stride Rite. Stride Rite.

But how was I to know that you are actually supposed to take your child to a shoe store and have her fitted for the real (expensive) first pair of walking shoes?


Actually it was kinda of exciting and gave us a real project to do over the weekend - especially since our neighborhood shoe store was in walking distance. Did find out that she's a hearty size four - no tiny twinkle toes here!!

Here's a look at Greta's first real pair of shoes...


Her second pair of shoes will be a fraction of cost sporting a Target tag on them :D

No comments: