Am I a bad mommy?I actually feel horrible about this but not sure I would do anything different... after a series of rough nights and mornings with Greta, I decided to take her to the doctors Thursday a.m - it looked like she had a case of pink eye among other things. After the two hour wait to be seen, it turned out that she actually had a double ear, eye *and* nose infection. The triple-crown trifecta of infections. Eeeeek! She definitely left of the docs office with the penicillin award of the week!!
We had forceful winds, pelting rain and cold temps that day so on the drive from the Docs (which has underground parking) I wondered where I could get her scripts filled without taking her out in this mess. Her dad was out of town and I had no one to leave her with.
After speedy consideration, I decided it was best to leave Greta in the locked car while I zipped in to drop off her prescriptions - it would not take more than a minute or two. I just did not want to bring my sick little one with a double ear infection out in that weather tho I was still uneasy with my decision. While at the drug counter, my mind race on whether I could get reported for this - is it illegal? Would I be seen as an unfit mother for protecting my sick daughter from the elements? But the other side of me was sure that I did not want her out in those conditions...

Some days require making tough calls and often it's a matter of choosing the least offensive from your limited options. Mistakes will be made but if you get through the day and can close your eyes and sleep soundly at night - you did the right thing!

1 comment:
I hate those judgment calls. Sounds like you did the right thing. Hang in there I know those days.
Post a Comment