Tuesday, May 12

As good as it gets?

I never knew Mother's Day would end up being such a blast. While Greta was there to help me celebrate this new-to-me holiday, she was not able to directly participate so Derek did his best to cover all the bases. And "best" he did!

I received a beautiful bouquet of Irises at work on Friday to kick off the weekend.

On Sunday, he took me to not only breakfast, but also dinner at our favorite Italian spot in Shirlington.

In between, we took Greta for her first Zoo visit but unfortunately, it also coincided with her nap time so we spent all of an hour total there. When she was awake, she was more interested in the other kids than the animals, but that will change in a year!

Derek also engineered in some alone time for me so I could relax and enjoy a soothing manicure and pedicure while he babysat. It just could not get any better than that...

But that is not all I got...

The best part of the day for me was photo session he set up for our little naked baby. They are adorable. I am so happy with the pictures and my first Mother's Day experience.

1 comment:

Taneen said...

I think there is a model in your hands! What a natural charm she has with the camera -and what a wonderful way to capture Mother's Day!! Kudos Derek on a well orchestrated celebration - happy (1st) Mother's Day Jenn!