Greta is exactly three pounds heavier and three inches longer than at her four month "inspection". If anything, she is precise.17 Lbs 4 oz
26 ¾ inches
She is very interactive these days and is very good about getting the binky and just about anything else into her mouth. We are also happy to report that she has been sleeping in her own crib - in her room for over two weeks. Yay!
Cry It outThe doc gave us permission to start training her to sleep thru the night - using the cry it out method when necessary. We decided to start last nite and Derek even volunteered for nite duty.
Ironically, she didn't so much as stir unitl I woke at 6:45 a.m. this a.m. What a quick learner she is!
The burning question is will I be as lucky on night duty tonight?!

3 comments:
The cry it out method is normally for when you lay them down for the first time. Typically it takes them a while to learn to put themselves to sleep. My experience is if they wake up in the middle of the night they are hungry. Katie is now consistently sleeping though the night w/o a bottle at 13 months. But for a long time between 6 months and 12 months she still woke up hungry for a bottle on occasion. Best of luck to you! Have a great weekend!
Thanks Kell - there are so many schools of thought out there adn hard to stick to one. I guess in the end - it is about Derek and I getting to the point where we feel rested. That has not happened yet. But I do feel better knowing taht a bottle at night evern now and tehn is OK. She has no problem putting herself to sleep for naps but usually her last bottle of the night knocks her out..
Post a Comment