So the infant bucket seat is finally gone -yay for Jenn's back!!We decided upon a Britax Marathon for the small car and the Britax Boulevard for the larger car. I bought both seats gently-used through craigslist.org. They were both less than 1.5 years old and one still had the tags on it - it was never used.
Some parents would not buy a used car seat, I thought I was in this school of thought until I saw the price tag of convertible seats. If you do your homework, inspect the seats on site and request Carfax reports on the vehicles they were in - to make sure they have never been in an accident - your due diligence has been performed, IMHO. Now I see why they say the first year of life is one of the most expensive years - until college that is!
In the end, we were able to get the top of the line in safety and comfort, while saving over $300.
In the end, we were able to get the top of the line in safety and comfort, while saving over $300.

No comments:
Post a Comment