Wednesday, April 8

Baby in da 'hood!

This past weekend, Greta and I ventured down to my old digs in Bloomingdale to meet a friend and walk over to the National Building Museum for the Cherry Blossom 10 mile race packet pick-up.

It was a beautiful but blustery day, so I made sure to bundle Greta up tightly - the spunky Swedish-style hat is compliments of Auntie Maria and cousin Xena.

The cherry blossom race (and many others) do not allow strollers - I was surprised to find this out. Derek was working the weekend, so there was no way I could have run/walked it without her, so I went to packet pick-up to surrender my bib to another runner.


It is a shame that more races do not allow strollers - even at the back of the race. I was looking forward to doing many group races with Greta, but it looks like we are relegated to solo jogging/walking for awhile.

No comments: