Thursday, April 8

Elmo = Wee Wee

Greta has Sesame Street characters on her pampers. Elmo is her favorite character by far. In fact, whenever I ask her to go find Elmo, she does not bring me her Elmo doll, but a diaper with Elmo on it from her room (usually they are clean). :>

For the last couple of weeks, whenever I change her diaper, she repeats Elmo, Elmo over and over and in the last week or so, she will even tell me when she is wet buy grabbing her diaper and saying "Elmo, Elmo!" (Yes, this does come off as a little funny, if not eccentric, in public.)

But since she is still only 18 months, I was holding off on the potty training until she had a better grasp of the entire process. That is, until earlier this week...

Ana told me that she did not have one wet diaper on Tuesday. She is always copying the older girls. In this case, she was mimicking them and whenever she had to wee wee, she would grab Ana and take her into the bathroom. She went on the big potty like a big girl three times in one day! Wow. These kids learn everything!

It's a strange feeling to be proud of your child for understanding such a natural (not to mention "personal") process, but as I have learned many times over, parenthood changes your entire frame of thinking. A year or two ago, I would not have considered it "cool" to hear about child's bathroom habits and here I am now sharing it with the world. Bizarre.

On other fronts, Greta is now in Saint Louis with Derek for a week long visit with family meanwhile, I am headed to New Orleans this weekend for a getaway with friends for the annual French Quarter festival. I think I pulled the longer stick on this one!

No comments: