Tuesday, January 19

Too much giving?

My Dad called me late last nite. My Dad never calls me - that's my Mom's job. That should have been my first warning sign.

The conversation was short - it always is with him no matter what the topic is.
He told me that my Mom had a series of heart attacks yesterday and that she is in the hospital. He said she seems fine and in fact her mood is "jovial". She did not want Dad to call anyone about this - I am glad he did not listen to her :D

This morning they moved her to a larger hospital in Sarasota to run tests. I'll know more tonight...

Trying to get to sleep last night, my thoughts hovered towards Greta and how sad I would be if she did not have a chance to enjoy the company of her nurturing, selfless grandmother throughout her childhood.
Then I began to wonder if it is because my Mother has always been so nurturing and selfless to those around her that now she has given everything - including her good health away. I will be praying for her heart, soul and body.

No comments: