For those of you lucky enough to have or know a little one who is an angel during a diaper change - this post is not for you.For the rest of us, here is my:
Top Five ways to change a dirty diaper while minimizing fuss
*It should be noted that I am not currently -and probably never will be- in the running for "perfect mom of the year" award. Now, if the baby gurus ever decide its time for an "I can't even keep my plants alive but thank God the baby is still breathing" award - let me know!
# 5) Board book - works 20% of the time
# 4) Singing to them while changing the diaper: ABC song or Alouette - works 50% of time (not even sure why this works since my choir teacher used to me encourage to sing "softly". Year after year, I was rejected from the organized school chorus. For all intents and purposes, I am tone deaf but my child has not learned that yet.)
# 4) Singing to them while changing the diaper: ABC song or Alouette - works 50% of time (not even sure why this works since my choir teacher used to me encourage to sing "softly". Year after year, I was rejected from the organized school chorus. For all intents and purposes, I am tone deaf but my child has not learned that yet.)
# 3) Remote control, mobile phone or other contra ban item - works 70% of time
# 2) Change her in front of TV - I don't do this one often but Derek will go thru all of the work of bringing all of the supplies out to change her in front of his giant flat screen TV and it seems to work 80% of time. I'm too lazy for this one.
# 1) The ONE thing that works 100% of the time at diaper changing time is a bottle or sippy of MILK in the mouth. Especially if it's the first or last change of the day. Disclaimer: I only do #1 when she is past the point of being tired and hungry and so am I.
# 1) The ONE thing that works 100% of the time at diaper changing time is a bottle or sippy of MILK in the mouth. Especially if it's the first or last change of the day. Disclaimer: I only do #1 when she is past the point of being tired and hungry and so am I.
Do you know of any tricks I didn't mention that work *and* would not be considered a form of child abuse? If your answer contains the words duct tape, please refrain from commenting :)

1 comment:
#1 also works for us the first change of the morning. Otherwise my little teether likes to chew on the tube of diaper cream...not in the perfect mom camp either. And diaper changes in public get every form of gymnastics possible to fight the diaper change.
Post a Comment