Tuesday, August 24

Do the Hustle!

So Greta and I "were fam-i-ly" at the 9:30 Club BABY LOVES DISCO event on Sunday morning.


The vibe was absolutely positive charged with the best 70s and 80s dance music thoughtfully volumed at a level that made it easy to dance to or carry on a conversation. Bubbles streamed from all corners and kids in every type of party outfit "didn't stop til they had enough".

This is probably one of the best times I have ever had in a club and the strongest beverage I was drinking was Elmo-brand mini juice boxes :D

Greta even got to experience the long wait lines associated with entry to any popular club - the only difference was that these lines were polluted with strollers, binkies and sippy cups.

Greta jived to the "last dance" two hours past her nap time but it did not matter. She was "stayin' alive" while she "turned the beat around."

This is a must-see for anyone - not just parents. The 9:30 Club staff made sure everyone was having a "celebration" in "Funkytown" and for those of you who don't mind drinking before Noon on Sunday - the bar was open for business.

This enlightening mommy-daughter experience reminded that there "ain't nobody" like my little "dancing queen" and that "I will survive" the single mom lifestyle and in some cases, even embrace it.

No comments: