Thursday, September 16

Are PJ's allowed to be worn during the day?

Greta is breezing thru all of the usual two year old developmental milestones including wanting to pick out her own clothes. In fact, take a look at the good night outfit she chose last night - including socks! (sorry for the poor phone photo quality)

I should be happy she's exhibiting choice and independence so early on, right? But I'm stressed. Why?

Lately, she only picks out pajamas - for every change of clothes - day or night!

In fact, she absolutely refuses to be dressed in any daytime clothes without an all-out crying tantrum. Not even food and drink bribery can lure her into her shorts and tank top. This leads to morning stress and on top of that... I am beginning to think it is only a "mommy" problem.

Here's why:

Men seem much more lenient about the daytime PJ's issue. There have been more than one occasion when I picked up Greta at the sitters after a night at her Daddy's home and the PJ's are still on. Dudes are fine with it or they just don't want to take on the battle. Should I do the same and pick my battles too?

A lingering enigma that I have been trying to figure out is how exactly does a young toddler even know the difference between day time and night time clothes? There must be clever little aliens habitating in cute like toddler bodies....

No comments: