Thursday, May 6

No toys for Greta

True fact:
Since Greta has been born, I have only bought her two toys.
Seems impossible especially at almost 20 months old, right?
Well, not if you have generous grandparents, friends and family members.... plus many toy stores nearby.
Instead of buying her new toys, we often go to local toy stores or the Barnes & Noble (where these photos were shot) to test out the latest and greatest. Most have test models and dedicated play areas for the kids.
Here she has befriended her favorite Yo Gabba Gabba character Brobee in the form of a backpack.
Every now and then I will buy a book or crayons to pay for time we spent in the store "playing".
It's easy on the pocket book and always a new delight for the child - I suggest every parent trying a bit of this strategy before getting out the credit card.



No comments: